Accidental Counselling is the art of managing difficult conversations in the workplace.
It’s when we are put in the position of helping others to cope with their feelings without having the professional training or qualification to support them.
If you find yourself in a situation where someone displays a heightened emotional state of distress, agitation, anger, or over-shares personal information, what is the best way to manage it?
Becoming an accidental counsellor will help you build the skills needed to respond effectively to distressed colleagues or customers. It gives you a practical framework for managing these issues whilst achieving a sense of structure, confidence in your work and upholding personal and professional boundaries.
Our accidental counselling course has been designed specifically for those who find themselves in challenging situations. It is easy to follow, accessible from any device and can be completed in four hours. The learning modules are interactive and ideal for self-paced learning.
This course will equip you with skills including:
- Interpersonal communication
- Reflective, empathic and active listening
- Crisis management and support
- De-escalating and managing challenging behaviours
- Setting limitation and boundaries
- Assertiveness and confidence
- Containment and managing concerning discourse or over-disclosure
- Advocacy and referral
- Debriefing and self-care strategies.
A Certificate of Completion will also be issued.